Monday, November 19, 2012

Liebster Award


Constance Masters nominated me for the Liebster Award!  Thanks so much, Constance!!


THE RULES:
 
  • When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
  • One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  • One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
  • One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)

  •  


    11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT EMMA K. GARDNER
     
    1.  I was in a synchronized swimming show in high school.
    2.  I won a costume contest for dressing as Carrie post-pig blood.
    3.  I love pomegranate seeds.
    4.  I let my dog wake me up at four a.m. so she can eat breakfast. 
    5.  I am not proud of #4.
    6.  I still don't feel completely grown up and an beginning to suspect I never will.
    7.  I want to believe.
    8.  I don't always brush my teeth before I go to bed.
    9.  I had a horsey stage.
    10. I cry at movies (no, not all of them)
    11. I like the smell of gasoline.
    12.  The first time I heard a dirty joke, I had to pretend I knew what it meant.
     
     
     
    QUESTIONS FOR ME FROM CONSTANCE MASTERS
     
    What was the subject of your first blog? 
     
    Weight loss.  Big mistake.  As I didn't lose any!

    What was your favourite subject in school?
     
    English

    Have you ever done anything in your life you’re truly ashamed of?
     
    Yes.
     
    What's your proudest moment in life so far?
     
    Getting my first book published.

    What did you type into the search box when you surfed the internet for the for the first time?
     
    Wow.  I have no idea.  It's been too, too long.

    What’s the worst thing you ever got in trouble for when you were at school?
     
    I was nauseatingly good.  I once had a hysterical--truly bordering on hysteria--giggle fit that I couldn't stop.  I had to leave the room.

    What’s your favourite holiday?
     
    Christmas.

    What is your favourite genre of book to read?
     
    Dysfunctional family drama.  (It makes me feel like I'm not the only one!)

    Favourite TV show?
     
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
     
    Favorite season of the year?
     
    Spring. 
     
    What was the last book you read and who wrote it?
     
    Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.  Awesome YA fantasy.  I loved it just as much as the first in the series.
     
    QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
     
    1.  How long did you believe in Santa Claus?
    2.  What do you sing in the shower?
    3.  What do you love the most?
    4.  What food makes you want to puke?
    5.  Coke or Pepsi?
    6.  Favorite movie?
    7.  Favorite bad movie?
    8.  Do you remember what anyone wrote in your high school musical?
    9.  What book have you reread the most times?
    10. If you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
     
     
     
     


    3 comments:

    1. OMG! So many of your random facts make me think we were separated at birth! :P
      It was so much fun to learn more about you.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great answers Emma! Thanks for taking part :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Emma! Thank you for the nomination! Ana had already nominated me and I did my Liebster post last week. I'll answer two of your questions here: I believed in Santa Claus until I was 9. I'd begun having serious doubts, and so JUST BEFORE XMAS, I asked my grandmother and she told me the truth. My mother was mad.

      Second question: I have two favorite movies. Flashdance and Four Seasons. I've seen both of these multiple times.

      ReplyDelete