Saturday, August 18, 2012

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

I just finished writing a new Regency spanking story (now on to proofreading!), The Scheming Miss Sinclair.  In the course of three days, the heroine, Lucy, receives four hand spankings (all on a bare bottom, one on a bare, wet bottom), two hairbrush spankings, a whipping with a willow switch, and a whipping with a crop.

Her new husband, Lord Reece, is very angry with her.  (I'm sure you must have surmised she'd made someone angry.)  It's my opinion that he has every right to be furious with her.  Lucy concocted a scheme to be found alone with Lord Reece at a ball, intentionally ruining herself, so he would be forced to marry her, something he had no desire to do. 

And yet, by the end of the three days, three days!, even with all that punishment, even with starting out their marriage in such a manner, Lucy and Lord Reece are in love.

I thought about all the other stories I've written, and realized I always go for a happy ending, usually with the characters in love, although a few just have them on friendly terms.  I pretty much always have a sensual aspect to the spankings too, not in every spanking I describe, but usually in a story, the characters get to the point where there is pleasure mixed in with at least some of the discipline.

A happily-ever-after ending just makes me happy, whether I'm reading a spanking story or writing one.

6 comments:

  1. The Scheming Miss Sinclair sounds like a fantastic book! Right up my alley:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so caught up in Regencies right now. Regencies with spanking, of course.

      Delete
  2. Wow. That's quite a honeymoon.

    When I read a book or see a movie where there isn't a happily ever after, I'm disappointed even though that ending might be the one that makes sense for the characters and the story.

    For me, spanking stories are meant to be fun and sexy and maybe with a little something thought provoking...but they aren't going to turn into literary classics (ok...I'm sure everyone else's will turn into literary classics, but not mine), so why not go for the happily ever after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they do set off for Italy after all that spanking. The former Miss Sinclair does warn her new husband that she may not be able to resist even a ridiculously expensive bonnet though, so I'm sure there are more to come.

      Delete
  3. It sounds fabulous!! I'm working on a regency spanking romance right now, but it's not going so well... sigh. Hoping to revamp/revise into something more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete